WHO WE ARE
The Health Care Ministry (formerly known as the Parish Nurses) is comprised of volunteer health care professionals who are currently employed and licensed. Our focus is health promotion, disease prevention and health counseling. We have a planning meeting the first Sunday of every month (from September through May) after 10:00 AM Mass.
WHAT WE DO
Our responsibilities include:
- Volunteer for blood pressures and health teaching at Knights of Columbus Pancake Breakfasts, be available for the Parish Picnic, do flu vaccines and other events.
- Pray for the parish and the team on the first Sunday of every month.
- Help survey the health needs of the community.
- Provide information and coordinate resources to meet needs.
- Educate and counsel members with health related concerns.
- Provide training workshops and health experts to address health issues.
- Promote wellness and uphold individuals' privacy of medical information.
- Participate with other churches to share health resources with the economically disadvantaged.
- Attend retreats.
- Are you interested in joining the Health Care Ministry? Sign up online.