Home > Commissions and Groups > Worship Commission
The Worship Commission is responsible for guiding the continuing liturgical renewal of the parish. It provides opportunities for liturgical education, prepares for liturgical celebrations, and evaluates worship activities. Download the Worship Commission meeting agendas or minutes.
The main areas of ministry involve:
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE WORSHIP COMMISSION
- Discern the parish's worship, liturgical and prayer needs.
- Assist in preparing for, providing, and evaluating quality liturgical celebrations and prayer services.
- Ensure compliance with liturgical directives, guidelines, norms and policies of the parish, Archdiocese, and universal Church.
- Collaborate on liturgical aspects of all sacramental ministries.
- Update members with the knowledge, understanding and expertise needed to function effectively.
- Oversee the continuing education and formation of the parish in liturgical matters.
- Support the continuing education and formation of all liturgical ministers according to Archdiocesan directives, guidelines, norms and policies.
- Make recommendations to the Parish Pastoral Council regarding the priorities, policies, guidelines, and directives of the parish, Archdiocese and universal Church which should be considered in the planning and carrying out of the worship life of the parish.
- Coordinate the preparation of the liturgical celebrations for all seasonal and special feasts.
- Coordinate and oversee the preparation, function, and evaluation of all liturgical ministries in the parish.
- Provide appropriate scheduling of celebrations and prayer services throughout the liturgical year.
You may contact the Worship Commission by attending a Worship Commission meeting or leaving a note in the Parish Office.
Back to Groups main page