Home > Family and Children Faith Formation > CORE topics
FAMILY AND CHILDREN FAITH FORMATION (FF) CORE TOPICS
All parents of children in classroom based Faith Formation programs must attend three (3) of the following CORE topic meetings. The requirements are met by family, not by child, so no matter how many children you have in our programs, you are still only required to attend three (3) Faith Formation events and activities.
We offer a variety of programs and educational opportunities that count toward your CORE topics, including:
- The Sacramental preparation meetings (First Communion, Reconciliation, Confirmation)
- The required Learning about L.I.F.E. classes
- Living in Christ retreat - The last Living in Christ retreat is Sunday, March 23, 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM. This counts as 3 Core Topic meetings
- Bible studies presented by the church
- Protecting God's Children workshops
- Feb. 27, Thursday, Fr. Murphy presents “A History of the Church”, 7:00 - 8:00 PM
- March 5, 6:00 PM: Ash Wednesday, “Stations of the Cross” presented by the Youth Group
- March 7, and every Friday during Lent, 7:00 PM: Stations of the Cross
- Any session of the Lenten Family Program “Order Out Of Chaos”
- March 10, 11,12, 6:05-7:45 PM at St. John Neumann: “Faith Unwrapped, On the Road, about Discipleship”, session for families (includes a light supper) Family fee is $8.
- April 7 - 9, 7:00 - 9:00 PM: Parish Mission at St. John Neumann
- April 17, 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM: Holy Thursday Soup Supper and Mass
- April 18, Good Friday, Stations of the Cross at noon, Liturgy and Veneration of the Cross at 3:00 PM and at 7:00 PM
ONLINE OPTIONS FOR CORE TOPICS
- Watch Fr. David Buersmeyer's Forming Conscience. Answers the reflection questions at the end and email your answers to email@example.com.
- Watch Kirste Moline's Stations of the Cross. Answers the reflection questions at the end and email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Watch Fr. John Esper's The Power of Prayer. Answer the reflection questions at the end and email your answers to email@example.com.
- Watch Fr. Murphy's History of the Catholic Church. Answer the reflection questions at the end of the film and email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Watch Laura Broyles' Understanding Prayer. There are reflection questions. Submit your answers to email@example.com.
- Watch the Infancy Narratives Video. There are reflection questions. Submit your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check the Faith Portal for more opportunities.
LEARN FROM HOME OPTION
Borrow a CD: Theologian Bill Huebsch presents topics from the Catechism of the Catholic Church on a variety of CDs. There are 17 different topics with reflection questions to answer. CD’s are located near south entrance to the building. Take a CD home, listen to it, and email your answers to the reflection questions to Anne Truax at email@example.com to receive CORE credit. Then you can return the CD to the church (or purchase it for $3).
In order to participate in Family and Children Faith Formation Programs, parents must be registered parishioners and must register their children with the Religious Education Programs office. Please read our Tuition Policy, our Attendance Policy and our Snow Day Policy.
Feel free to Contact the Faith Formation Office with any questions or concerns. Our Staff Directory may help to direct you to the person best able to help you.
Back to the FF main page