Home > Sacraments > Matrimony
Marriage Preparation Checklist
The following checklist describes some of the required steps before a couple can be joined by the bonds of Holy Matrimony. A full list of marriage preparation deadlines will be provided at the marriage preparation meeting.
- Call the Parish Office if you want to be married at St. Thomas a’Becket. You will need to give us some basic information about yourself, your fiance’, parents, and what date you would like to get married. You will receive a letter confirming the date and time of your wedding, along with the next dates for marriage prep meetings. It is not mandatory that you be registered at the parish to be married here.
- We will mail you a confirmation letter and a booklet entitled, "Preparing for Your Wedding at St. Thomas a'Becket." This book details all of the steps involved, as well as deadlines for each step. If you did not receive this booklet or if you have misplaced your copy, please contact the Parish Office.
- The next thing to do is to contact the Parish Office to sign up for the next marriage prep meeting that you can attend. There is no cost to attend. It will be on a Saturday morning, and is only offered 4 times a year. Fr. Tom Slowinski, Deacon Jim Ward, Music Director Brandon Gauvin, Wedding Coordinator Jennifer Monforton, and a counselor from St. John’s Retreat Center will all be there to explain the marriage process. You will also be able to schedule appointments to see each of them, and set up your wedding rehearsal at this one sitting.
- The next Marriage Preparation meeting dates are: August 10, or November 10, 2013, at 10:00 AM.
- Email Wedding Coordinator Jen Monforton at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions not covered in your preparation packet about what is/is not allowed.
Do you need support from a member of our pastoral team? Please visit our Pastoral Ministries page to find out more about the pastoral team available to assist you in finding the help you need.
You may also consider attending Retrouvaille... A Lifeline for Troubled Marriages.
Worldwide Marriage Encounter (WWME) weekend is a positive and personal experience offering married couples an opportunity to learn a technique of loving communication they can use for the rest of their lives. It's a chance to look deeply into their marital relationship and their relationship with God.
Decree of Nullity (Annulment)
St. Thomas a'Becket has an extensive FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page about the annulment process.
Return to Sacraments main page