Home > Mass Times > Holy Days of Obligation
HOLY DAYS OF OBLIGATION
CHRISTMAS 2014 MASS TIMES
Wednesday, Dec. 24 (Christmas Eve)
- Nativity at 3:30 PM in the church, immediately followed by Children’s mass
- A second 4:00 PM Mass in the Family Life Center
- Evening Masses at 6:00 PM, 8:00 PM, and 10:00 PM (no midnight Mass)
Thursday, Dec. 25 (Christmas Day)
Mass at 10:00 AM only
The times for Masses on Holy Days of Obligation change depending on the day and date. Check the Chancellor to confirm the times. The information below will help you to identify the dates of Holy Days of Obligation.
On December 13, 1991 the members of the National Conference of Catholic Bishops of the United States of America made the following general decree concerning holy days of obligation for Latin rite Catholics:
In addition to Sunday, the days to be observed as holy days of obligation in the Latin Rite dioceses of the United States of America, in conformity with canon 1246, are as follows:
- January 1, the solemnity of Mary, Mother of God;
- Thursday of the Sixth Week of Easter, the solemnity of the Ascension;
- August 15, the solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary;
- November 1, the solemnity of All Saints;
- December 8, the solemnity of the Immaculate Conception;
- December 25, the solemnity of the Nativity of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Whenever January 1, the solemnity of Mary, Mother of God, or August 15, the solemnity of the Assumption, or November 1, the solemnity of All Saints, falls on a Saturday or on a Monday, the precept (commandment) to attend Mass is abrogated (i.e., formally revoked or removed).
Remaining Holy Days of Obligation in 2014
Return to main page