Home > Groups > Christian Service > Parish Nurses/Community Health
PARISH NURSES AND COMMUNITY HEALTH
The Parish Nurses will be sponsoring a FREE program on Generational Diversity. Download more details about the Generational Diversity program.
The program will be held:
Thursday November 7th, 2013
at 7:00 PM
St. Thomas a'Becket Church
in the AFF Room
The presentation Generational Diversity is intended to stimulate thinking and encourage discussion surrounding differences, perceptions, and expectations of people from different generations.
Each generation has its own common set of social and historical events that have helped shape their personal perspective, attitudes, desires and how they view the world. These impact how individuals approach work, career selection and professional and personal expectations.
The speaker is Virginia (Ginny) Hosbach a Registered Nurse with a Masters Degree in Nursing Administration. She has served as a health care educator of nurses and other health care professionals for over 32 years. She has presented dozens of presentations on generational diversity, communication strategies, team building, leadership and management concepts and practices and strategies to survive the new millennium of health care, and our families. Audience feedback is consistently extremely positive.
We welcome and encourage parents, grandparents, teachers, nurses and priests to join us for an evening of fun while learning to communicate more clearly to handle the “Clash Points” of the different generations more effectively. Everyone is invited.
Pre-register after mass outside the parish office.
- Download information gathered by the Parish Nurses about free and low cost health care options in Wayne County. This document has information, phone numbers and details about how to qualify for assistance.
- Download information about obtaining low-cost insurance for children.
- St. Thomas a'Becket requests that at least one professional from the medical community notify the ushers of their presence at each Mass in case an emergency should arise. You can sign in at the desk by Father Tom's office with the Ushers and Eucharistic Ministers. Your name and location in church is all that is required so you can be contacted if needed.
PARISH NURSE ONLINE RESOURCES
WHO WE ARE
The Parish Nurses Group is comprised of volunteer nurses who are currently employed and licensed. Parish nursing is focused on health promotion, disease prevention and health counselors. We have a planning meeting the first Sunday of every month (from September through May) after 10:00 AM Mass.
WHAT WE DO
The responsibilities of the Parish Nurses include:
- Volunteer for blood pressures and health teaching at Knights of Columbus Pancake Breakfasts, be available for the Parish Picnic, do flu vaccines and other events.
- Do blood pressure checks at monthly STA-50 meetings.
- Pray for the parish and the team on the first Sunday of every month.
- Help survey the health needs of the community.
- Provide information and coordinate resources to meet needs.
- Educate and counsel members with health related concerns.
- Provide training workshops and health experts to address health issues.
- Promote wellness and uphold individuals' privacy of medical information.
- Participate with other churches to share health resources with the economically disadvantaged.
- Attend retreats.
New members are welcome. Please sign up with the office and leave your name, number, address and e-mail or email the Christian Service chair at email@example.com with your contact information.
Back to the Christian Service Commission main page