Would you like to have your infant baptized at St. Thomas a'Becket Catholic Church? The checklist below should help you. If you are looking for Baptism for an adult or teen, visit our RCIA program page.
- You must be a registered parishioner for at least three months. To register, simply call the Parish Office to make an appointment. Please ask to register with Debbie Miller.
- You must meet with Pastoral Associate Debbie Miller. You may call the office at (734) 981-1333, x16 to make an appointment to speak with Debbie.
- You must be practicing your faith. Just as the best way to learn French is to grow up in a French-speaking household, the best way to learn what it means to be Catholic is to grow up in a "Catholic-speaking" household.
- You must attend a Baptism preparation class before the child's baptism date. Baptism and baptism preparation class dates are listed at the end of every Chancellor. Classes are held in the conference room at 7:00 PM (Please arrange a babysitter for the class, which will be approximately 90 minutes.)
- If your child will be baptized in another parish, but you need proof that you have attended baptism preparation classes at St. Thomas a'Becket, please call the Parish Office at (734) 981-1333. Please have the name and full mailing address (or fax number) to which the letter should be sent.